Certified Takaful Professional (CTP)
The Certified Takaful Professional (CTP) certification program is designed to provide individuals with the knowledge and skills needed to excel in the field of Islamic insurance, also known as Takaful. As a CTP, you will play a critical role in the development and implementation of ethical and socially responsible Takaful products and services.
Certification Program Objectives:
- Understanding the differences between conventional insurance and Takaful, and the principles of Takaful.
- Understanding the legal and Shariah guidelines for Takaful, and how they are applied in practice.
- Understanding the basic concepts and business models of Takaful, including the role of the operator and the participants.
- Understanding the various Takaful products available, including family Takaful, general Takaful, and investment-linked Takaful.
- To be certified as CTP, student should take up a 1.5 hours exam at the designated examination centers.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
- Introduction to Convention Insurance
- Takaful – Theory, Law and Shariah Guidelines for Takaful
- Basic Concepts and Business Models of Takaful
- Takaful Products