The Certified Trade Finance Professional (CTFP) program is designed to provide individuals with comprehensive knowledge and skills in the field of trade finance.
The program consists of several modules that cover various aspects of trade finance, including international trade, export-import financing, risk management, and trade documentation.
Certification Program Objectives:
- Develop an advanced understanding of working capital management for trade, including techniques to optimize cash flow and liquidity in international trade transactions.
- Gain specialized knowledge in advanced documentary credits, covering complex transactions, amendments, discrepancies, and compliance with international trade regulations.
- Master techniques for trade guarantees, including standby letters of credit, demand guarantees, and performance bonds, to effectively manage risk and ensure payment security in trade transactions.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- To be certified as CTFP, student should take up a 1.5 hours exam at the designated examination centers.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
The following topics are included in the course:
Advanced Working Capital for Trade
Advanced Documentary Credits
Techniques for Trade Guarantees
Strategic Approaches to Export Financing