Certified Warehouse Management Professional (CWMP)
This course will identify several approaches to measuring warehouse performance. It will also discuss the dangers of measuring too much or failing to recognize which numbers are truly significant.
This course will give you the background and tools necessary to evaluate the performance of a warehouse and the functions involved within the facility. It will answer questions such as:
*What aspects of the warehouse operation should we measure?
*How should we measure? *How should we report these measurements? The training course will discuss how some of the answers to these questions will vary depending on the type of warehouse operation and management goals.
The course will start by explaining the major functions of warehousing, such as storage and shipping. It will then discuss performance measures and how these can be used for each function of warehousing. Finally, it will describe how to evaluate these measurements and achieve better efficiency and effectiveness in each warehouse function.
Certification Program Objectives:
- Briefly describe seven major functions performed within the warehouse
- Understand the basic types of measures and show how to interpret and apply them across typical warehouse processes
- Identify multiple measures in each warehouse function and document which are most appropriate to use for particular situations
- Explain how these measurements should be reported
- Discuss data collection techniques needed to calculate measures
- Determine reporting requirements depending on level of organization *Interpret the measures and identify areas of opportunity
- To be certified as CWMP, student should take up a 1.5 hours exam at the designated examination centers.
- The qualifying exam would consist of 50 multiple choice questions, testing core certification modules.
- Professionals with relevant experience and other qualifying criteria may be exempted from the examination.
The following topics are included in the course:
Module 1: Major Warehouse Functions
Module 2: Performance Measures Background & Types
Module 3: Measures by Warehouse Function
Module 4: Evaluating Measures