The Council acts as the final decision-making body of AIBM/AIFB/AIPLM in policy and education matters. Like the Education Committee, it comprises people with extensive experience and expertise in their field.
In line with its mission, the American Institute of Business and Management and its subsidiary institutions Advisory Council consists of members who bring rich educational and professional business experience. This council serves as the advisory body to the Institute’s top management, administration, and faculty on issues ranging from long term directions and missions, setting the development of new and innovative certification programs, the improvement and upgrading of existing programs, and ensuring that proper quality and best ethical standards are maintained.
• Provides advice and counsel to the President, administration, and academic members of the Institute in achieving its mission and organizational goals.
• Participates in the strategic planning process and development of certification programs to ensure the accomplishment of objectives.
• Provides advice and assistance to the Institute on matters related to faculty development.
• Supports professional development programs and industry based seminars/conferences sponsored by the Institute.
• Assists the Institute in creating internships and employment opportunities for its certified professionals.
• Assists the Institute in identifying and cultivating business supporters.
• Engages in other activities proposed and approved by the Council
The following committees and boards are designated senior by virtue of resolution of Council implementing the AIBM Bylaws. Note: Some of these committees may also be designated as Senior Technical Committees.
• Review Services Committee
• Management Standards Executive Committee
• AIBM Peer Review Board
• Board of Examiners
• Consulting Services Executive Committee
• Employee Benefits Executive Committee
• Information Technology Executive Committee
• Professional Ethics Executive Committee
• Disciplinary committee – To investigate cases against members (student/associate/fellow) professional and ethical misconduct
The Board of Directors acts as the executive committee of Council, directing Institutes activities between Council meetings. The Board meets three times a year and is responsible for reporting to the Council at least semiannually.
1. John P. Gellene, President
2. Simon Christensen, Honorary President
3. Martin Cox
4. Peter Bluff
5. Francesco Orlandino
6. Gabriella Kereszturi
7. Yannis Iliopoulos
8. Nick Myers
9. Dr. Breno Nunes
10. Daisy Burgun
11. Daniel Stephenson
Learn more about our council here